Focus and Scope
The “Journal of Sleep Sciences" (JSS) is the official scientific quarterly publication affiliated with Occupational Sleep Research Center (OSRC) of Tehran University of Medical Sciences. JSS is also official journal of Iranian Sleep Medicine Society. The main goals of journal are to improve the knowledge and awareness of clinicians and research professionals about the latest findings in prevention, diagnosis, treatment and etiology of sleep disorders. We would be very delighted to receive your Original Papers, Review Articles, Short communications, Case reports and Scientific Letters to the Editor on the all areas of sleep sciences.
Peer Review Process
JSS is a peer reviewed journal. After receiving a manuscript with all stated requirements to the Journal office, the manuscript is sent to two or more reviewers. The whole review process depends on receiving referees' comments and revising the manuscripts based on these comments by the author. On receipt of the revised article from the author, and after final approval by referees, the letter of acceptance is issued to the author. The author can also suggest the name of possible competent reviewers but it is up to the editor to accept it. No article is rejected unless negative comments are received from at least two reviewers.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
All journal papers are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, which permits any non-commercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source.
Article Processing Charges
As Tehran University of Medical Sciences is supporting most of the publishing costs of Journal of Sleep Sciences, article processing charge and any other publication fees in the journal are free for authors.
Authors have copyright but license exclusive rights in their article to the publisher*.
Authors have the right to:
- Share their article according to the "Personal Use rights"** so long as it contains the end user license and the DOI link to the version of record in this journal.
- Retain intellectual property rights (including research data).
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
* This includes the right to make and authorize commercial use.
** Personal use rights
Authors can use their articles, in full or in part, for scholarly, non-commercial purposes such as:
- Use by an author in the author’s classroom teaching (including distribution of copies, paper or electronic)
- Distribution of copies (including through e-mail) to known research colleagues for their personal use (but not for Commercial Use)
- Inclusion in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially)
- Use in a subsequent compilation of the author’s works
- Extending the Article to book-length form
- Preparation of other derivative works (but not for Commercial Use)
- Otherwise using or re-using portions or excerpts in other works